Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween!

I hope you've had a safe and Happy Halloween!  I love seeing my kids so excited.  Fun times- great memories! 


My almost 10-year-old, next to her beautiful creation.



My 80's chick (wearing my actual sweater from 9th grade!  It's my bow, too, but I never wore it like that.  I would pull my hair to the side with a barette.  It's hard to replicate big hair without a perm) , a scary vampire, and sweet little bunny.  My oldest was already out with friends by this point, so no pic.

As for the candy... I haven't been able to bring myself to take it from them and be the scrooge of Halloween.  We're making a lot of changes right now, and I have to pick my battles.  I'm excited that my kids are eating so much healthier.  Step by step, we'll get there.  Now next year, it should be a different story.  I'm planning to have made enough changes that we can take away some of the candy factor with out as much shock.  This year?  I think some of that candy might just disappear....

A few updates:

I've decided to add back all of my supplements that my doctor had me taking when I first started this new diet adventure (HERE).  I stopped taking them three weeks ago because I ran out and couldn't afford to buy more until payday.  And then when I started the GAPS Intro diet, I thought I would just do the supplements that were mentioned, in the Steps listed.  Now that I'm paranoid about my teeth and my hair I'm adding back all my supplements and not being as strict with the GAPS Intro diet until I talk to my doctor next week.  I'll do a mixture of intro & regular GAPS.

Detox Bath update:  I've tried it twice, and it's actually not so bad.  I think I can make a habit of it.  Now if I can just find the time...  It's harder than I thought to steal away 20 minutes at bed time.

I'm going to be cancelling my gym membership, so I've got to get more creative with my exercise.  I'll still run 3-4 times a week; 2-3 on an indoor track, and Saturday long runs outside.  I've got to pull out my Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred dvd.  It's a great 20-min workout.  I just need to figure out how to run the dvd player with my satellite remote (or get a new remote for my dvd player).  Otherwise I can't scroll up and down to the right program.  Project for this week.


No comments:

Post a Comment