Sunday, October 2, 2011

Chocolate. Really?

Well, my suspicions were confirmed today.  I decided to give dark chocolate another try as a little guilty pleasure, but I suspected that I am allergic to it.  Well, I think it's been 3-4 weeks since I last had chocolate, and tonight, after having a few small squares of 85% cocoa chocolate I have an itchy throat. 


When I first started this diet the thought of cutting out chocolate kind of freaked me out, but now I just like... Hummmph.  Too bad.  (but not too stressed about it).  What I'm finding is that I can totally find other healthy options that totally satisfy me.

So now my list of allergies are:  coconut oil, chocolate, hazelnut, gluten, pasteurized dairy (raw seems to be okay).  I have my follow-up appointment with my naturopathic doctor in about a month, and I can't wait to see how my blood work results have changed. 

1 comment:

  1. I don't know if you have looked into it or not, but it may be the soy in chocolate that you are allergic to. Not that that helps any since it still makes it so you can't eat chocolate...:-(

    ReplyDelete