Thursday, October 13, 2011

Today's Menu

First, an update on yesterday's menu.  I already mentioned how they loved the pumpkin coconut flour waffles.  I loved the garlic-spinach artichoke dip, but my hubby thought it was so-so.  I was a bit nervous about dinner- it had lots of new foods to try. 

Lesson learned today:  I need to get as much food prep done during the day that I can, so that it is ready to throw together at dinner time.  It was a bit stressful trying to get it all done.  The biggest success:  the deviled eggs.  They've always loved these, and could eat five or more a piece if I let them!  Semi-success: The roasted pepper soup.  Not-so-much:  The baked stuffed eggplant didn't go over so well, but I will definitely try it again when I have more time.  I rushed through a few of the steps, and I don't think it was as good as it could have been.

Today's Menu:

Breakfast:
Beef Sausage (It has lots of onion.  I was supposed to chop finely, but I was in a hurry & it was a big onion.  This is definitely an example of where a food processor would come in very handy.  You also add lots of spices like cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, cumin, coriander, sage, etc., which made me a little nervous.  Everyone really like them, but Jimmy said they tasted like little hamburgers with lots of onions.  My kids were lovin' it- hamburgers for breakfast!)
Greek Yogurt (plain, sweetened w/stevia) & fruit

Lunch:
A yummy BIG salad, w/avocado & a variety of veggies

Dinner:
Chicken & Bean Tacos (I'm supposed to soak my own beans for this, but I've got lots of canned food storage beans, and I'm just going to use them.  Normally you're supposed to use LETTUCE LEAVES for the taco shells!  I'm going to do that for Jimmy and me, but I'll use up some of the corn shells I have saved up for the kids).

Snacks/Sweets
Green Smoothie with Coconut Milk (has spinach, pineapple, bananas, and coconut milk)

No comments:

Post a Comment