Sunday, October 23, 2011

Uh Oh- What's Going on With My Teeth?

Something's been bothering me off & on for a few weeks now.  My teeth are hurting. 

It's not one tooth.  It's more on the top left side, but it's affecting both sides.  The pain is hard to describe.  It's kind of along the gum line, but also radiates into the teeth.  It feels like when you have something stuck between your teeth & you need to floss it out.. that kind of pressure, but kind of painful, too.  It's most noticeable when I eat a lot of raw foods, like my salad.  I also felt it a lot today after eating roast beef.  It feels like my gums are receding, like my teeth are a bit wiggly (FREAKY!).  I looked at them in the mirror, and they're a bit red, although they're not bleeding when I brush.

Tonight I decided to Google it, and I came across a raw food blog where they were discussing this.  Turns out this is common when going raw, and that it might be a MAGNESIUM deficiency!  Really?  In solving one problem I'm creating another?  They suggested drinking wheat grass juice, and another person suggested liquid magnesium drops.  Guess I know where I'm headed tomorrow!  I'll keep you posted.

2 comments:

  1. Have you ever heard of oil pulling? Actually, I think I mentioned it when you were here a few weeks ago! Anyway, several people have found success with it for dental issues. Google it, or look at www.kitchenstewardship.com for a recent post about it. Maybe it would help?? I doubt that it could hurt and it's simple and inexpensive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't remember that. Interesting! Doesn't scare me as much as the magnesium :).

    ReplyDelete