Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Intro to GAPS diet- Day 2

Bleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh.

I feel crappy right now.  Yuck.  The detox effect has kicked in, and I feel nauseous and a bit shaky.

It doesn't help that the soup I ate this morning is yucky.  It is onion and leek soup.


It smells really good, but it tastes like nothing- a huge disappointment after yesterday's amazing Intro butternut squash soup.   And it doesn't help that I made pumpkin oatmeal (with pumpkin pie spices and raisins) for my kids.  It smells SOOOOOO good. 

Recipe:

Onion Leek Soup
2 quarts stock
1 quart water
5 onions, sliced
4 leeks, sliced
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tablespoon sea salt (or to taste)
Simmer everything for one hour or overnight on low in the crock pot.
(source) *

My menu for today:
Onion Leek Soup
Meat Patties (you form hamburger into patties, cook in chicken broth with carrots and cauliflower added, remove when done then blend broth & veggies into sauce to pour over burgers- this sounds good)
Squash chunks
Meat strips (boiled roast beef)
 Another challenge that I'm facing right now is the MICROWAVE.  You're not supposed to use it on GAPS.  They say it destroys the nutrients.  Grooooaaannnn.  I'm realizing now how much I depend on it (I'm using it right now to thaw my hamburger).  This diet will really test me on my planning ahead skills, which aren't the greatest right now.


*All recipes I post for the Intro to GAPS diet are taken from the e-book "What Can I Eat Now- 30 Days on the GAPS Intro Diet" from www.homehealthhappy.com.

1 comment:

  1. Found a post on another blog about the top five mistakes to avoid on a GAPS diet. It's at www.livingthenourishedlife.com. She has her posts organized by topic, so find GAPS and take a look at her posts. It was interesting reading! Good luck-you are making some amazing changes already!!

    ReplyDelete