Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Super WalMart in town!

Today was a big day for our small city.  A Super WalMart opened today, which is big news here.  I think everyone in the city was there when I was, and I just happened to take four kids (one being our exchange student).  He wanted to buy some gifts for his family, and what better place than WalMart?

I've been in grocery stores a few time since I started this new diet, and they weren't a big deal.  But for some reason, everything I saw was tempting.  Grapes.  Strawberries.  Donuts.  Pizza.  Chocolate.  And so on.  Maybe because everything was so new?  I had just eaten lunch, so it wasn't that I was hungry. 

But I was good.  I even bought some cucumbers & tomatoes for later (nope- none in our non-existent garden).  I have to say that I'm getting kind of bored with the same foods over & over.  I don't really have the time to be creative right now.  I'm having to cook a 2nd meal besides the family's, so that doesn't leave me a lot of time anyway.  But I have some thoughts on different recipes, and plan to keep things nice & simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment