Saturday, August 13, 2011

First Social Event- Arrrrrrrghhhhhh!

Tonight we fed the missionaries.  I kept it simple- rice, grilled chicken, orange dream salad (cottage cheese, cool whip, orange jellow, and mandarin oranges-  NO, I did not eat!!), and green salad.  I cooked regular rice for everyone else, and cooked brown rice for myself.  Yum- with butter & salt & pepper.  I can have unsalted butter... not sure why, but the Dr. said.

The kicker was dessert.  I'm still struggling a bit.  No, make that a lot.  I let Janessa make Spice cupcakes with cream cheese frosting, and they also had vanilla ice cream.  Talk about WILL POWER.  Holy cow.  I keep telling myself how many thousands of people choose to eat the way I am right now, but it doesn't make it any easier.  It's simply torture.  I want to make healthy eating a new way of life, but it's hard to imagine getting over my love of sweets.

Journaling like this helps, though.  I know that I have to report back, and I'm determined to succeed.

Another excitement to report about-  I was able to run 8-miles today!!!  I wasn't sure if I would have enough energy because I've cut out so many carbs, but I just took it nice & slow & I did fine!  Phew.  That is a stress to me.  I'm not going to be able to do the Top of Utah marathon that I planned to do in September, but I'm grateful for my health & ability to still run for health.  I just invision myself running my races next year feeling lighter, stronger, and with more energy.  All this agony will pay off!  (right?:)

2 comments:

  1. "All this agony will pay off!". Yes, definitely.
    Sis, try to have some fruits for dessert: an apple, some grapes, cantaloupe, an orange, etc.
    Keep it up, Sis. I'm with you.

    ReplyDelete