Saturday, August 20, 2011

Rollercoaster Ride

The last few days have been very busy getting our Japanese exchange student ready to leave.  He was here for 1 month.  He was curious about my diet.  At first when I told him he said "Yeeessss.  Is good."  A few days ago at the store, though, he said "Everyone need eat some fat.  No fat, they die".  :)  I think he was getting a little concerned with my many salads.

I've added more fats by eating 2-3 tablespoons of coconut oil a day, and I also have meat and some nuts.  He usually didn't see me eating those things, so I can understand his concern.  I haven't lost any weight so far this week, compared to the 6-pounds last week.  That is disappointing, considering how drastic my diet has changed.  It was such a large drop last week, though, that I understand that it needs to balance out.  I just have to keep telling myself this will be worth it.

The rollercoaster from the title is talking about my whole mood about the diet.  At times, I don't think it's so bad.  But then I about go CRAZY other times.  I was scooping ice cream for my family last night, and it was the biggest test of my willpower yet.  I need to have someone else scoop.  When I'm done with the most extreme part of this diet I hope to make some sort of homemade frozen yogurt to satisfy my icecream cravings.

On the other hand, I was looking a list of food for the Candida diet, and it was a bit modified from what I am doing.  It doesnt' have any milk except butter, and it adds organic yogurt or kefir after weeks 2-4.  It says raw carrots are okay, which I love to snack on, and that beans are okay (except peas, red lentils, lima beans, and soy).  It also doesn't allow brown rice.

Next week I'm cutting out the milk for 4 weeks, along with fruits.  It will be like Christmas when I can eat a little fruit again, like berries, apples, and pears.

Now if I can just make it through the ups and downs of emotion on this diet!!!! (And I do think I'm moodier than usual, too.  Just ask Jimmy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment