Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Quick-Exit Food Combinations...

So yesterday I mentioned how excited I was about the book "Detox for Women- An All New Approach for a Sleek Body and Radiant Health in 4-weeks".


I stayed up super late & read it all yesterday.  Now I'm re-reading to make sure I'm not missing anything.  I've found a few things that I'm doing wrong already.  The major one is that she says if Candida has entered your bloodstream & is through your whole body, then you're not supposed to allow yourself any chocolate, goats-milk ice cream, or any types of grains.  Hmmmph.  Well there goes that happiness for a while.  It was fun to dream for a bit, though.  And at least I know what to eat if I think I'll go insane from deprivation.  I'll just try not to all of the time.

I thought I'd mention more about what types of foods to eat together so that they can make the quickest exit out of the body that they can, and not stick to the body.  Here are the categories of foods, and a few examples of each:

Starches:  avacados (considered a fruit, but combine as a starch for our purposes),  baked starchy vegetables like winter squash, yams, and sweet potatoes; grains like millet, quinoa, and buckwheat.

Fleshes:  fish/seafood; raw goat & sheep cheeses (or raw cow cheeses); organic, cage-free eggs (whole egg); organic free-range chicken (if necessary); grass-fed/hormone free meats (if necessary).

Neutral:  all raw vegetables, all low starch cooked vegetabels, lemons, spices, butter, dark chocolate, goat's milk ice cream (combines better with flesh).

So basically, you can combine either starches or fleshes with neutral, but not starches & fleshes together.  (for at least 3 hours).   That is going to take some getting used to, because that is what makes a meal seem complete to me.

But that's okay.  There is a daily outline of what to eat in this book, and it pairs the foods together that should be, anyway.  I'm so excited for this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment