Sunday, September 4, 2011

Mmmmmmmmm.... Baby Food Soup!

Well, I can actually say now that I'm feeling a difference with this new diet.  It's only taken.... hmmm... about three weeks?  Four weeks?  The great thing is that I'm not hungry.  I HATE that.  I always have been one to eat on time, and eat my plate clean.  You know those kids that would skip lunch at school?  Not me. EVER.  So the thought of a diet change is something that really put me off. 

In fact, I suspected candida a few years ago, but then blew it off because of the dietary changes that would have to be made.  The nurse practitioner I was going to had me do a "candida cleanse" which was quite similar to this, but allowed nuts.  I'm not sure why, but I had a horrible reaction to it & felt AWFUL.  Not to mention the timing was horrible.  I thought that I would be able to do it over spring break while the rest of my family ate out & had yummy treats & goodies.  NOT.  And I was training for my first Ragnar at the time, and I knew that the altered diet would mess that up.  So I didn't do the diet, and wasn't convinced that it was Candida.  I thought it might just be my Vitamin D deficiency, or hormonal imbalance.

Now, a year and a half later, I know it was the Candida.  And now I definitely feel mentally clearer, and happier.  YEAAAAAAAA!!!! Brain fog & depression is why I went to the doctor in the first place, and now to see a difference is the best!  I still am kind of moody, though, and I have some theories on that (it CERTAINLY couldn't just be personality, could it?).  And I think it's just more than frustration when I don't eat a treat.  More on that, though, on another day.

Today I decided to try a new recipe for lunch-  Carrot & Sweet Potato comfort soup.  It has 2 baked sweet potatoes (peeled), 2 cups baby carrots (cooked), 2 cups vegetable broth, a little salt, coriander, and cumin, and a packet of stevia.  I blended it up in my Vitamix, and it is basically warmed up baby food.  I guess I can see how it would be enjoyable on a cold winter night, but for now I think I'll stick to my huge lunch salad with a ton of vegetables & an avocado.


No comments:

Post a Comment