Friday, September 23, 2011

Recipe Review: Chips That Won't Go to Your Hips

I tried a new recipe last night that I found in Natalia Rose's Detox for Women.  I had been planning on trying it for weeks, and it sounded really good!  Here it is:

Chips That Won't Go to Your Hips

2 large carrots
2 large parsnips
1 beet
1 zucchini
2 tablespoon pure, organic butter
1 tablespoon sea salt
1 packet of stevia (optional for a sweet and salty flavor)

Slice all the vegetables into coin size slices.  Place on a baking sheet  Melt butter & drizzle over veggies  Top veggies with a bit of sea salt  Bake at 400 degrees for 1 hour (or until crispy)  Enjoy with a salad at lunch or dinner, dip into guacamole or salsa, or as you like!

Sounds easy enough, right?  Well, they didn't turn out so well.  I wish that I had pictures!  I'm not used to taking pictures of my food, you know?  Some of the pieces were burnt too much around the edges, while others were kind of mushy in the middle.  I tried parsnips for the first time, and I'm definitely not a fan. 

I didn't add zucchini, and I just realized I didn't use stevia, either.  Sweet didn't sound like it would be so good with these, but if I were to do it again I would try it.   This makes me want a new dehydrator.  I think that would have worked a ton better with this recipe.  I would definitely use it now that I'm trying all these new recipes.

Tell me about your worst health food flop.
My carrot & sweet potato comfort soup (read about it HERE)

No comments:

Post a Comment