Thursday, September 8, 2011

The Skinny on Skin

I am so amazed at all of the healthy living things out there that I have been CLUELESS about.  I'm learning new things every day.  One of the new things that I've learned about is body brushing.  I had never even heard of it before.   For those of you who are like me, here is a basic run down of body brushing:

First, you purchase a natural bristle body brush, found at most health food stores (seriously?  I had never even seen these before!  And now that I know what they are, I've seen them a lot.).  In the morning, before getting dressed, you brush your skin, using a small circular motion, working your way towards the heart.  This is supposed to help exfoliate your skin, and help get rid of all the toxins that are being expelled through your skin.

I've only done it a few times, and haven't really noticed anything, but it does feel good.  They say you should feel invigorated after brushing.  Not sure I would call it "invigorating" yet, but it does feel good.

Oh, and on a side note since I'm talking about skin.  On Monday I got some sort of itchy rash on my torso, just on the front.  I've never had hives or anything, but I think that might be what this is.  It's just another way my body is trying to get rid of the junk in it.  Strange, though.  I've been more diligent in my body brushing since that has happend.  Hopefully the rash is short lived.  Another thing they recommend that I haven't done yet is going to a sauna.  That's supposed to help you sweat out the toxins.  Maybe I'll try & work that into my schedule a few evenings a week.

Have any of you "body brushed before?  If so, what did you think?
What are some of your favorite health trends right now?

No comments:

Post a Comment