Thursday, November 10, 2011

Productive Day with My Chef!

You may remember how I'm doing a trade where I teach my friend's son piano lessons, and she's bulk cooking for me once a month (see HERE). 

Yesterday we had our second cooking marathon, and it was great!  This time I took some pictures. 

Cindy's first project:  Cauliflower Pizza Crusts


These are SOOOOOO good!  One of my favorite recipes right now.  They are so easy, too.

Cauliflower Pizza Crust
2 Cups Cauliflower
2 Cups Mozzarella
2 Eggs

Blanch Cauliflower and shred. Put in a strainer to remove excess water.
Combine with mozzarella and eggs.

Place in mounds on parchment paper making sure that it is distributed evenly.
Bake at 450 for aprox 10 minutes.

You don't really taste the cauliflower much at all.  I've also made them with raw goat's milk cheese, and they were great, too.

I just freeze them, then we can use them for a snack or dinner by putting a bit of marinara sauce on it, sprinkling a little more cheese, and then you can put any toppings you want.  YUMMO.  5 out of 5 stars.

Other projects from the day:


Two different types of lara bars.  Nice to have on hand for after school snacks.



Cranberry Scones.  These are made with almond flour, egg, butter, honey, and cranberries.  Super easy, and I LOVE THEM.  The weird thing?  The rest of my family doesn't get in to them.  I served everyone one this morning, and none of the kids ate it.  Strange.  I think they're almost like a cookie for breakfast.  For me?  5 out of 5 stars.  Not so good with the kids, though.  I'll just save them for my lunches or snacks now.


A couple of nice big pans of meat balls.  No, no liver this time.  Cindy doesn't do liver :).  We had some last night, and they're very yummy.  I froze the rest.  I found out something very interesting today, though!  I was watching a free video on www.westonaprice.org  (Check it out HERE) about cooking materials recommended for your whole foods kitchen, and they mentioned how you shouldn't be using aluminum.  I just realized that my cookie sheets are aluminum.  Whoops!  They said you could cover them with parchment paper and be okay, though.  That's what I'll have to do next time.

Yes, a very productive day.  It's so fun to have my own "personal chef".

No comments:

Post a Comment