Monday, November 7, 2011

It's Been Three Months?

Boy, does time fly.  It seems like ages ago that I had a dietary overhaul, but it's only been three months.  It's still hard for me to believe that so much can change in such a short period of time.

In 3 months I have: 

*Lost 22 pounds (it was 25 pounds one day, but I'm not going to count it until it stays consistent).

*Become incredibly in tune with my body... I know which foods affect it negatively, and have learned it's not worth the reactions of eating those foods (mainly wheat).

*I've eaten liver... twice!  That's monumental and worth mentioning (see post HERE).

*I've learned that there are a bazillion and a half ideas on what makes up healthy eating, and it is incredibly time consuming and difficult to sift through it all.

*Become more mentally clear.

*Learned about body brushing, bath detoxing, and coffee enemas.  I had never even heard of these before.

*Learned about colonics (see HERE), although I can't afford it right now.

*Learned about soaking grains.

*Learned about the Gut And Psychology Syndrome and how one should eat to heal the gut.

*Learned it takes an incredible amount of time to plan, prepare, and cook everything from scratch- more than I even imagined.

*Learned that my food budget has gone up by about $500 a month.   (I'm probably going to start soaking my grains and making things out of wheat, which is cheaper than meat, nuts, and produce).

I really could go on and on.  I've learned so much in this last little while it's hard to narrow it down. 

Today I had my first follow-up visit with Dr. Porter, the doctor who diagnosed my Candida.  I was looking forward to it because I thought we would do blood work and we would follow-up in two weeks and go over the results.  Turns out we have to wait until February to do the blood work again, because not enough time has lapsed.  That really bummed me out.  He didn't comment on my weight loss or anything, either, which surprised me.  He did say it seemed that I was doing a good job, and to keep doing what I was doing.

It was nice to ask him a bunch of questions I had- I asked him if he had heard of GAPS, and he was so surprised.  He said he loves it, but he doesn't think I need Intro to GAPS.  I also asked him about amalgam fillings (he thinks ideally they should come out), sore teeth, hair loss, and any other worries I've mentioned on this blog.

My next visit is in February.  Here's to a healthy and successful three more months!  That will be the test- to see if I can keep plowing forward, full steam ahead, with as much gusto as before. 

No comments:

Post a Comment