Thursday, December 1, 2011

Slowing Down in Posting... But Still Going Strong!

When I started this blog it was meant to be a journal of my experience going sugar-free.  I thought it was so crazy... so unusual to go sugar free, so why not blog about it?   I started studying all that I could about sugar-free, candida diets, etc, and one thing would lead to the next, to the next, etc., etc, and here I am.  One huge surprise:   There are TONS of blogs out there about being sugar free.  There are tons of blogs out there about anything you want to find.  Ha.  Some of you may laugh because that isn't a surprise to you.  But maybe it shows my age (40 next year!!!!!)...  I'm a little behind on the technology trends.  Heck- I didn't even use the Internet in college.

But it still is fun to record what I'm going through.  The past four months have been hard.. satisfying... busy... emotional... rewarding... exhausting... confusing... humbling... worth it.   I'm kind of surprised I haven't found my groove yet.  The feeling of constantly adjusting and searching is annoying at times.  I'm still aiming for some sort of normalcy in the midst of all of change. 

In retrospect, I think I've gone over the top with too much change too soon.  It's pretty drastic to do the candida diet, but then all the other things I've done on top of that... all good things, but overwhelming.  My day is a whirlwind:  up early- exercise- rush home- breakfast/scriptures- piano lessons (1 hr.)- take kids to school- study/research/cook/grocery shop, lunch, Shiloh down for a nap, piano lessons (2 1/2 hours), dinner, drive kids around to activities, kids homework, kids bedtime, computer me-time, fall into bed.  Get 5-6 hours of sleep then start over again.

TOOOO busy.  The clutter in my home has gotten a bit out of control.  It's a constant burden hanging over me, but my focus right now is on food.  My kitchen computer area, my laundry room, and my master bathroom & closet are really needing help.  When I do have a bit of cleaning time it is spent doing the mountains of dishes that it takes when you're making home made everything.  My kids all take turns with dishes in the evenings, but I always have to do a load earlier in the day, too.

A few years ago I found a cleaning plan (yes... I like to follow programs.. menu plans... financial planning plans...  everything.  I'm crazy like that) that tells me what to do every day, which helps catch all those little things that are forgotten as we're trying to manage all the big things (like dishes).  It worked amazingly for about 6 months, then summer came & I got off of schedule & never got back on.  My hope is that once I get into a better food system, I'll be able to step back into the cleaning system, too.  I need some B-A-L-A-N-C-E.

 So I'm going to do a little less time blogging, and a bit more time cleaning :).  I still plan to write at least 2-3 times a week, but we'll see with Christmas coming.  So much to do, so little time.  Now, maybe as I'm cleaning I'll come across my camera cable cord... I can't download any pictures right now because it's missing in all the clutter.

No comments:

Post a Comment