Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Sugar is Toxic- on 60-Minutes!

I received a text from one of my friends on Saturday and she said "I saw that Dr. Lustig was going to be on 60-minutes".  I had no idea what she was talking about & didn't answer her.  I thought maybe she sent the text to the wrong person.  When I saw her on Monday she mentioned it again, and I was embarrassed to say that I didn't know what she was talking about.  She's like "You know, THE Dr. Lustig!  Sugar-free?"  And it hit me!

A month or so ago I came across the BEST YouTube clip!  It was an hour & a half lecture given by Dr. Lustig, a UCSF (University of California San Francisco) pediatric endocrinologist, about how sugar is toxic.  I told my friend about it, because she is a dietitian, and I wanted her thoughts on it.  

I couldn't wait to see how the topic was presented on 60-minutes, so I looked it up online.  It is somewhat short, at 14 minutes long, and it is very well done!  Yea!  The word is being spread.  I know people don't want to hear it, but it's important & really needs to be addressed.

Watch "Is Sugar Toxic" on 60-minutes

I was excited to talk about it with my dietitian friend.  She agrees with it all.  I'm going to show it to my kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment